The soap is helping!

I know this isn't a pretty soap picture but I just wanted to share this with all of you especially if you have any skin issues like eczema. My youngest daughter has dealt with eczema as a little baby and is now 2! We have tried lots of things but never had a set plan to keep it under control. She has used lots of lotions and steroid creams but who wants to use a steroid several times a day for years to come? So then I read about the benefits of goat milk soap for skin issues like these. Besides the love of goat products, I decided I would start making my own soaps to try on her. I wished I did a before picture but basically her elbows, wrists, knees and legs (especially during the winter) looked like the bottom right picture. Open sores, redness and itching. I would worry about infections she could get from her open sores. So then a few weeks ago I made up my first few batches of soap and decided to try the fragrance free bar on her. (tea tree therapy is good also if you don't have sensitive skin or a reaction to tea tree oil) So far it has dried up most of it. You can still see the infected areas and she itches some but there is major improvement! I rub the sticky soap on the infected area and let it set awhile then I just wash everything off with the bar and that's it! I can't wait to see if this works as well in the winter during her worst time! My soap is not meant to cure or eliminate a problem but I really hope with the added benefits of goats milk and the essential oils it will help with whatever symptom you might have! It's certainly worth a shot!


Comments

Popular Posts