Meet Tulip & Olive!

Not Boers...but these twin sisters will still be loved just as much. As my Boer herd keeps growing, I have decided to add in a few more extra milk does to the farm just in case someday we need even more extra milk to supplement our meaty Boers! These little dairy sweethearts come from a registered purebred Nubian doe and a registered Oberhasli buck. Nubians, of course have the long pendulous ears while Oberhaslis have shorter upright and erect ears. These girls have a mix of both! lol....Oberhasli goats are usually brown and black and resemble the look of a deer. They are also a harder breed to find in North America so I am happy I had the opportunity to bring them home. Both Nubian and Oberhasli goats are dairy animals and with this cross I should get yummy, sweet and rich milk with a higher milk fat percentage. This will be a great supplement for any future bottle babies I might have...(especially after having a set of quads this year...I need to be prepared! lol)
~Help us welcome Tulip & Olive!~


Comments

Popular Posts